24 June 2010

June 24....

Three more days to go and I'll be a half century young!! I can hardly believe it! I've decided this is the year to do grand things and as some of you already know and hear about on a daily basis (sorry if I bore you with this sometimes my friends;-), I am about to embark on a very grand project indeed.

In just about six months time, I will be taking a leave from work to go and live and work with my dear animals. This is a dream I've had for a long time, circumstances are now permitting me to realize this dream. Very much thanks to the support of my mom, my daughter, and my lovely colleague Justyna at the shop. Not to speak of my banker, my accountant and other useful people!

On January 14, I will be off to Thailand to volunteer at the Wildlife Friends of Thailand rescue centre for 7 weeks followed by 4 weeks volunteering at the Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre in the province of Limpopo in South Africa. And finally, 3 and a half months in Israel volunteering on Kibbutz Lotan, a progressive ecological kibbutz about 55km or 30 some miles north of Eilat where I will live in ecological houses and learn all about living green. That will be 2 months followed by 6 weeks at Yotvata Hai-Bar Conservation Centre where I will learn all about animal reproduction and conservation.

For now, I invite you to take a look at the websites of the rescue centres where I will be volunteering; www.wfft.org and www.moholoholo.co.za

The people there are absolutely devoted to the animals and are doing wonderful things to help them. They rely totally on our generosity, I can only encourage you to donate. Please read the stories of these animals which were mistreated, abused, often kept for days, weeks, months on end in too small cages, made to roam the streets to beg. Thanks to these rescue centres and the tireless efforts of those who run them, work in them and volunteer in them, these animals will end their lives in happier circumstances, closer to the habitat that is theirs.

I will be back with more info. This is only a taster.

Cheers,

Della

1 comment:

  1. Good idea. I have bookmarked you, so I can follow your escapades. All the best girl.

    ReplyDelete